Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Real-Time Software Components (RTSC) » XDCTools documentation(Merging TI example projects)
XDCTools documentation [message #1807066] Wed, 22 May 2019 06:52 Go to next message
Friedrich Boeckh is currently offline Friedrich BoeckhFriend
I want to combine two TI example projects, specifically UART and PWM related. Obviously, the example projects have conflicting resource configurations, which I would like to resolve via XDCTools/app.cfg adjustments. Specifically, I would like to adapt the Timer configuration, but I find the app.cfg UI in CCS 9 incomprehensible.

Unfortunately, the TI documentation appears to me being a mess of circular references. Is there a current user/reference guide for XDCTools/CCS somewhere available?
Re: XDCTools documentation [message #1807150 is a reply to message #1807066] Thu, 23 May 2019 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sasha Slijepcevic is currently offline Sasha SlijepcevicFriend
Friedrich, I am guessing you were trying to use XGconf, which is a graphical interface that we don't actively develop anymore and the documentation for it is incomplete. But, you can right-click on your CFG file and open it in a text editor. These scripts are pretty straight-forward, I think, and you could try adjusting your configuration in the text editor. Reply back if you have any problems doing so.
The main documentation page for XDCtools is http://rtsc.eclipse.org/docs-tip/Main_Page
Timers are developed within SYS/BIOS, and the SYS/BIOS documentation in CCS is in Help->Help Contents->SYS/BIOS. There is a User's Guide and the API reference.
Re: XDCTools documentation [message #1807222 is a reply to message #1807150] Fri, 24 May 2019 19:23 Go to previous message
Friedrich Boeckh is currently offline Friedrich BoeckhFriend
Sasha, thank you for following up on this and your advice. Meanwhile, I came across the "TI-RTOS Kernel (SYS/BIOS) User's Guide", February 2018, Literature Number: SPRUEX3U, which provides the information I was missing on the XDCTools configuration parameters.

In order to understand the philosophy behind the driver libraries, I found following docs valuable:
- TI-RTOS 2.20 User's Guide, June 2016, Literature Number: SPRUHD4M
- TivaWare(tm) Peripheral Driver Library User's Guide, revised July 2016, Literature Number: SPMU298D
- Tiva TM TM4C123GH6PM Microcontroller Data Sheet, 2007-2014, Literature Number: SPMS376E (for my EK-TM4C123GXL)
(the literature number is convenient for retrieval from ti.com)

Unfortunately, TI decided not support TI-RTOS on Hercules devices (I understand the rational, but still unwise in my opionion) which means having to dig into HalCoGen/FreeRTOS for my RM57LX LaunchPad.
Previous Topic:RTSC-pedia down
Next Topic:technical followup from RTSC Creation Review
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:39:05 GMT 2024