Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Is there any limit that session will hold only less mb of data(Is there any limit that session will hold only less mb of data)
Is there any limit that session will hold only less mb of data [message #1806800] Wed, 15 May 2019 10:30 Go to next message
Sharmila D is currently offline Sharmila DFriend
Hi

For my application Im using Sirius for diagram view. My Project will have model file and aird file. In my project Iam allowing user to import multiple model files.
In my import code Iam adding the contents of model file to session(aird file).
using AddSemanticResource command.
my import is working properly for small model files which is having size less than 10 mb. If iam having files of range more than 50 mb it is not working properly .I just want to know is there any range like session will hold only some mb of data.

Please provide suggestions. so just I can limit per project we can import only one file.
Re: Is there any limit that session will hold only less mb of data [message #1806820 is a reply to message #1806800] Wed, 15 May 2019 16:00 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Quote:
is not working properly
is never a good bug report. Does it crash, do funny things or just go very slowly?

You could use VisualVM to see if your have run out of memory and so are spending all the time in the garbage collector.

If not and the performance is disproportionately slow, there is at least one known problem whereby EMF's perfomance on List maintenance is quadratic [1]. Not a particular problem on lists of 1000, but serious on lists of 10000. Other algorithms may also exhibit poor performance. Try a couple of sizes and see how speed varies.

Regards

Ed Willink

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=544951
Previous Topic:Performance on Query Legacy with Sirius 6.1.0
Next Topic:Change context to the root of the diagram in edge creation tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 04:40:02 GMT 2024