Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Validation] ignore non containment References
[Validation] ignore non containment References [message #1806010] Tue, 30 April 2019 12:59 Go to next message
Jürgen Albert is currently offline Jürgen AlbertFriend
The Diagnostician is very thorough in its work and causes all my proxies to become resolved (and possibly even validated). Is there by chance an option that I can pass to it, so it ignores non containment references?
Re: [Validation] ignore non containment References [message #1806034 is a reply to message #1806010] Wed, 01 May 2019 07:15 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
No there is no such option. Even containment references can involve proxy resolution if the model has proxy resolving containment references. And of course most of the constraints being checked, i.e., EOBJECT__EVERY_REFERENCE_IS_CONTAINED, EOBJECT__EVERY_PROXY_RESOLVES, potentially EOBJECT__EVERY_KEY_UNIQUE (if the references is proxy resolving), EOBJECT__EVERY_MAP_ENTRY_UNIQUE (if the key is a proxy resolving reference), EOBJECT__NO_CIRCULAR_CONTAINMENT (if any containment reference is proxy resolving), and generally EOBJECT__EVERY_BIDIRECTIONAL_REFERENCE_IS_PAIRED (if the references are proxy resolving), may/must resolve proxies, so that doesn't leave much to be validated without proxy resolution does it? What do you imagine would be a useful constraint to check? Not much remains other than multiplicity checks , ID uniqueness, and data value conformance...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Retrieve Reference name
Next Topic:What Industry Wants from Academia in Software Modeling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:28:32 GMT 2024