Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Mac➔Windows woes(Using nice-acting application made on Mac to Windows leads to buttons having extremely small target area or some other fault that makes them difficult to make work.)
Mac➔Windows woes [message #1805650] Fri, 19 April 2019 15:11 Go to next message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
My program has two often-used buttons, one that is labeled "Set next line (record) number," and "Go" that is used to display the record just chosen. Both buttons are cranky. You need to move the cursor, click, see nothing is happening, move it again and click, and keep doing that until you hit the magic point. Then you look for the button labeled "Go" and there is a box in the right spot, but it contains only an underscore (?) or line, and works properly but only in the same spotty way as the larger button.

l've noticed when working in the Design mode that a newly made button shows a rectangle within a rectangle. The inner rectangle represents the place where the label for the button goes, and the outer rectangle apparently defines the region within which a cursor click will activate the button.

What are some of my options for solving the problem offered by these sticky buttons, buttons that won't click?

Thanks.
Re: Mac➔Windows woes [message #1805652 is a reply to message #1805650] Fri, 19 April 2019 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

What Design mode are you talking about?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Mac➔Windows woes [message #1805661 is a reply to message #1805652] Fri, 19 April 2019 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WindowBuilder has a source mode and a design mode. That is what I meant by "Design mode."

I had another look at the problem. It may help to increase the button size, but something must be less than ideal in the process for opening and running Mac-made java projects on a Windows system.

None of the buttons work very well, but if you let your cursor hover long enough these buttons will operate themselves eventually. It looks like there will be no good user experience on anything running a Windows system. Bummer.
Re: Mac➔Windows woes [message #1806330 is a reply to message #1805661] Tue, 07 May 2019 19:03 Go to previous message
After getting a mouse for my HP computer and upsizing the troublesome buttons, the problem seems to have gone away.

Does everybody have trouble with the touch pads on low-end HP computers?
Previous Topic:Breakpoint in assembler file
Next Topic:2019-03 Eclipse (4.11.0) -- Where did you hide the "Includes files" area?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:05:18 GMT 2024