Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » TFS Plugin on OSX(TFS plugin installs but never becomes visible in view or perspectives)
TFS Plugin on OSX [message #1805609] Thu, 18 April 2019 16:10 Go to next message
Albert Spohn is currently offline Albert SpohnFriend
I'm a new Eclipse user looking to hook up Eclipse with our institutional TFS/Git environment. I'm running Mac OSX (10.12.6) and Eclipse (2019-03 (4.11.0)) and was looking to install the MS TFS plugin, using the following various instructions, e.g., via Marketplace, via New Software and local installation from a Zip file (TFSEclipsePlugin-UpdateSiteArchive-14.134.0.zip). All installations ran without a hitch.

Everything goes as advertised, but when I restart as directed, I am never able to get the plugin to appear either in a View or a Perspective. When I try to reinstall, it tells me it is already installed.

If I look in plugs tab of my workspace, I can see something like 29 TFS items installed. I also see "Team Explorer" under the software tab under "About Eclipse/Installation details" - but it doesn't appear under the plug-ins tab in that dialog.

I've tried installing through Marketplace, locally with a zip file and via "New software" - all installations run with no errors, but the plugin just never appears as a View or Perspective.

Any suggestions on getting this into a useable state (i.e., as a view or perspective) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Al

P.S. Actually I finally found the error log, and there were indeed errors. Each component of the TFS Plug-in had a line similar to this one:

!MESSAGE Failed to find a configured bundleInfo for: [R]com.microsoft.tfs.checkinpolicies 14.134.0.201804261732.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 April 2019 19:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TFS Plugin on OSX [message #1805619 is a reply to message #1805609] Fri, 19 April 2019 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It seems to be a Github project so likely you'd be best to ask on their issues tracker:

https://github.com/Microsoft/team-explorer-everywhere/issues

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: TFS Plugin on OSX [message #1859877 is a reply to message #1805609] Mon, 03 July 2023 14:19 Go to previous message
Aakash Rathi is currently offline Aakash RathiFriend
Have you got any solution regarding your problem? I am having a similar error while installing a custom made plugin to eclipse MAT.

Error:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse
Warning
Failed to find a configured bundleInfo for: [R]<Plugin_Name>
Previous Topic:Jetty changed CloseReason code
Next Topic:Where can I find the server editor to edit a port?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:22:18 GMT 2024