Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse IDE: How to create new window containers/perspectives?
Eclipse IDE: How to create new window containers/perspectives? [message #1805321] Thu, 11 April 2019 14:49 Go to next message
Minh Tran is currently offline Minh TranFriend
I'm not savvy to Eclipse IDE's GUI element names so please correct me where necessary. I'm using Eclipse with the PyDev plugin.

I've included 3 attachments: Attachment_1 is a picture of my workspace. Attachment_2 is a picture of a youtuber's workspace. Attachment_3 is a random workspace I found on google images while searching 'Eclipse PyDev'

In the youtuber's workspace, I noticed that there are several "container-like" GUI elements that stores tabs (which I've highlighted in blue). What is the name for the container? I will henceforth refer to it as a 'container'.

I did something to my workspace to move the Project Explorer, Console, and Code Editor windows into a single container. Now, whenever I double-click a source file from a Project in Project Explorer, the code editor window pops up as a tab next to the Project Explorer tab (highlighted in red).

However, I'd like for the code editor window to pop up as a tab next to the other editor windows. How do I accomplish this?

Attachment_3 suggests that the other containers didn't disappear from my workspace because I was using the PyDev pluggin.
Re: Eclipse IDE: How to create new window containers/perspectives? [message #1805337 is a reply to message #1805321] Fri, 12 April 2019 03:26 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
In the worst case, you use the "Reset" menu action on the context menu of the perspective's icon; the perspective bar is at the top upper right. This restores the layout to the default. Then you can play with drag and drop and the minimize icons in each area to move things around until you understand what's possible. E.g., you can have two editors beside each other in the editor area in case you want to see two things side by side (or one above the other).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Parameter Validation check
Next Topic:Dropins ignored in Linux?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 06:29:23 GMT 2024