Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How does I wrap line in Eclipse(I'm editing an XML file with the Eclipse IDE and need to input paragraphs of text. It doesn't seem that eclipse has a line-wrap feature though)
How does I wrap line in Eclipse [message #1804421] Mon, 25 March 2019 20:25 Go to next message
Sharad Jaiswal is currently offline Sharad JaiswalFriend

I'm editing an XML file with the Eclipse IDE and need to input paragraphs of text. It doesn't seem that eclipse has a line-wrap feature though. Anyone knows if it does or if there's a plugin for that?

DBA at Devquora
Technical Writer at
https://www.onlineinterviewquestions.com
Re: How does I wrap line in Eclipse [message #1804460 is a reply to message #1804421] Tue, 26 March 2019 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Reckord is currently offline Carsten ReckordFriend
There is a "Toggle Word Wrap" command hidden in the "Window > Editor" menu (default shortcut is Alt+Shift+Y). Or you can use the Quick Access bar: Ctrl+3, and type wrap.

Most editors also show this action in the toolbar, but for some reason, the XML editor isn't one of them. You can change that by opening the editor, then going to Window > Perspective > Customize Perspective, and enabling the "Editor Presentation" action set on the "Action Set Availability" tab.

[Updated on: Tue, 26 March 2019 11:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How does I wrap line in Eclipse [message #1816359 is a reply to message #1804421] Mon, 28 October 2019 12:13 Go to previous message
Abhishek Gaur is currently offline Abhishek GaurFriend
Any plugin to wrap the text?

Abhishek GaurPhone no: 8376979066 
https://www.automationlaboratories.com
(Learn Latest Technology stack in Automation)
Previous Topic:cannot install TestNG in latest eclipse
Next Topic:Install eclipse-inst-win64 error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:37:36 GMT 2024