Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Interest in hosting Emacs+ plugin?
Interest in hosting Emacs+ plugin? [message #1804063] Sun, 17 March 2019 05:35 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
This is offtopic, but I don't know where else to ask this.

There's an Eclipse plugin called Emacs+ which a number of people (including me) have used for several years. It was (apparently) written by Mark Feber, and maintained by him, along with an extensive documentation wiki and update site. The wiki and update site domain registration expired on 3/1, and Mark doesn't respond to emails.

I don't know what happened to Mark, but for whatever reason, it appears that this plugin no longer has a hosting site. The code is all on Github. Except for one compile error that I believe has a straightforward fix, the plugin is buildable, although I haven't tested the result in a new installation.

I would consider hosting this myself, but I have very little experience maintaining Eclipse plugins. I have no idea whether it's possible to recover Mark's documentation wiki.

If there's someone more qualified to take this over, I and the other existing Emacs+ users would appreciate it.
Re: Interest in hosting Emacs+ plugin? [message #1804729 is a reply to message #1804063] Sat, 30 March 2019 15:45 Go to previous message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Fork it on github, build site locally and upload to github releases? Not 100% sure but I have seen binaries on github.
Previous Topic:Java Virtual machine error
Next Topic:Getting exception during unbind of F2 key
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:14:05 GMT 2024