Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Adding a library(Looking to add a method from a class in project A, into project B)
Adding a library [message #1803989] Thu, 14 March 2019 23:09 Go to next message
John N. is currently offline John N.Friend
I have a class full of static methods that I want to be able to use in another project without having to re-create the class in that project in order to be able to access those methods. So, how can I import or add it to the library of project that I want it in?
Re: Adding a library [message #1803995 is a reply to message #1803989] Fri, 15 March 2019 05:35 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
In general you can modify/control the classpath of a Java project (I'm assuming Java is involved) via the context menu of the project which has a Properties menu item (which is probably the last one). Find the "Java Build Path" property. Here there are tabs to control
1) Which folders are "source" folders (containing *.java source files); generally these are folders in the project itself and will be compiled into the "bin" folder by default (which is hidden by default so you won't see the compiled *.class files themselves. 2) Which Projects the project depends on; generally other Java projects that in turn contain sources, the compiled *.class results of which will be on the classpath. 3) Which Libraries are on the classpath; generally jars or folders containing *.class files that should be on the classpath.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Using RaspberryPi libraries in Eclipse
Next Topic:BIRT Collapse and Expand in Table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:50:11 GMT 2024