Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » WebLogic and TLD Validation Problem
WebLogic and TLD Validation Problem [message #1803985] Thu, 14 March 2019 20:05 Go to next message
Chris Brown is currently offline Chris BrownFriend
I have an application that has some tlds where the <!DOCTYPE taglib declaration contains "file://./web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd". When deploying to WebLogic in Eclipse, I get an error that the "attribute" tag doesn't meet a particular definition, since they include a <description> section in all the <attribute> and it is only expecting <name> , <required>, and <rtexprvalue>.

However, if I replace "file://./web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd" with "h***://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd" then Eclipse validates the TLDs with no errors.

[Edited http since I'm a new user and it thinks I'm trying to include a link to an external website.]

Where is the "file://./web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd", is it an actual file somewhere? If not, where is Eclipse getting the rule for <attribute> that doesn't include <description>?
Re: WebLogic and TLD Validation Problem [message #1804119 is a reply to message #1803985] Mon, 18 March 2019 20:53 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

WebLogic is likely defaulting to a version, like 1.2, that does have the description element, when it has no idea what to do with the system location being used. I'd suggest using the correct URL in all places. The only people who could tell you why it's set to "file://./web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd" are likely the original/previous developers of the TLDs.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 18 March 2019 20:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse Oxygen - Deploy Assembly problem - Spring-web and ear lib
Next Topic:Setting up security for Tomcat running locally
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:16:36 GMT 2024