Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Generated Windows are really small.
Generated Windows are really small. [message #1803936] Wed, 13 March 2019 21:54 Go to next message
MEHMET AKSOY is currently offline MEHMET AKSOYFriend
Hello dear programmers. Firstly. sorry for my bad English.

I have a problem on Eclipse as well as a few other desktop apps (like NetBeans or EA Origin.) I don't know if this was the correct place to post this issue, but I'd always appreciate help, so here it goes,

I can start and program with eclipse without any problems. However, when I run simple programs on Eclipse Java, the windows that are generated are extremely small that it is impossible to read the writings on them. I have changed many settings like high-DPI scaling override and other solutions that are on the internet. However, none of them worked. I believe the problem is that I have a 3000x2000 resolution laptop that some of the apps don't work correct. I uploaded some screenshots on here. Please help me solve this issue. Thank you to everyone.
  • Attachment: 2.PNG
    (Size: 2.52MB, Downloaded 92 times)
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 198.30KB, Downloaded 88 times)
Re: Generated Windows are really small. [message #1803943 is a reply to message #1803936] Thu, 14 March 2019 03:28 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This seems more a question about swing and how to scale the fonts and sizes based on screen resolution. If your question were about SWT, people here could help; SWT will generally scales automatically based on DPI resolution of the monitor. Perhaps it's better to Google for the answer:

https://www.google.com/search?&q=java+swing+dpi+scaling

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Problem with running Java code
Next Topic:BIRT: How does birt handle multiple volume level archival request?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:41:52 GMT 2024