Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem with running Java code
Problem with running Java code [message #1803911] Wed, 13 March 2019 14:41 Go to next message
Uendi Hajderaj is currently offline Uendi HajderajFriend
I am trying to run a Java project about Complex numbers and until last week it worked perfectly fine and it did run. Now when I try to run it, it says 'Selection does not contain a main type', which I don't quite understand, because there is a main type.
  • Attachment: Complex.java
    (Size: 8.38KB, Downloaded 117 times)
Re: Problem with running Java code [message #1803942 is a reply to message #1803911] Thu, 14 March 2019 03:24 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Keep in mind that when you Run something, a Launch Configuration is created. You can look at those with Run -> Run Configurations..., so if you were able to run before, such a configuration will exist and you should be able to explicitly run it. In general JDT tries to be smart to choose an existing configuration depending on what's selected in the workbench, e.g., the active editor selection. Without seeing the state of your IDE, no one can tell you why JDT doesn't find a launch configuration for this, but if the active editor is a Java class that doesn't have a main method, you'd get the type of failure you describe...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Graphical Transformation
Next Topic:Generated Windows are really small.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:34:26 GMT 2024