Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » IClasspathContainer.getClasspathEntries() gets called multiple times
IClasspathContainer.getClasspathEntries() gets called multiple times [message #1803830] Tue, 12 March 2019 00:40 Go to next message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
I've implemented IClasspathContainer and see that getClasspathEntries() gets called at least 10 times during creation of the project. JavaDoc for the method says
Quote:

The method is typically called exactly once for a given Java project, and the resulting list of entries cached internally by the Java model.

What I am seeing is that JavaProject.resolveClasspath() is being called every times getClasspathEntries() is called, and classpath entries get re-resolved every time with no caching that I can see. Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
Re: IClasspathContainer.getClasspathEntries() gets called multiple times [message #1803832 is a reply to message #1803830] Tue, 12 March 2019 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Put a breakpoint and take a look at the stack trace: there may be some other plugin that's changing or updating the classpath somehow, which may trigger a refresh.

Brian.
Re: IClasspathContainer.getClasspathEntries() gets called multiple times [message #1803847 is a reply to message #1803832] Tue, 12 March 2019 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Brian,

The classpath container is added during project creation. Code that does this is:

ApplicationClasspathContainer appClasspathContainer;
		try {
			appClasspathContainer = new ApplicationClasspathContainer(javaProject);
			IPath appClasspathContainerPath = appClasspathContainer.getPath();

IClasspathEntry appEntry = JavaCore.newContainerEntry(appClasspathContainerPath, true);

JavaCore.setClasspathContainer(	appClasspathContainerPath,  
					new IJavaProject[]{javaProject }, 
					new IClasspathContainer[] {appClasspathContainer}, 
					monitor);
			classpathEntries.add(appEntry);
		} catch (CoreException | XmlException | IOException e) {
			Activator.getDefault().logError(e.getLocalizedMessage(), e);
		}
		javaProject.setRawClasspath((IClasspathEntry [])classpathEntries.toArray(new IClasspathEntry[classpathEntries.size()]), monitor);

If I comment out javaProject.setRawClasspath... line then IClasspathContainer.getClasspathEntries() is called exactly once, but container is not added of course, otherwise as 10+ times.

I tried debugging the call chain and it seems that JavaProject.resolveClasspath() gets called during calls to workspace refresh and different workspace modification operations.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 March 2019 13:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: IClasspathContainer.getClasspathEntries() gets called multiple times [message #1803875 is a reply to message #1803847] Tue, 12 March 2019 21:32 Go to previous message
Brian,

I debugged JREContainer and see the same behavior as in my case - JavaProject.resolveClasspath() is being called numerous times when Java project is created.
Previous Topic:Content assist: Disable "No Default Proposals"-Message
Next Topic:Java Virtual machine error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 19:55:57 GMT 2024