Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Legal and practical constraints for using the openjfx-osgi p2 repository
Legal and practical constraints for using the openjfx-osgi p2 repository [message #1803488] Fri, 01 March 2019 14:30 Go to next message
Alexander Diewald is currently offline Alexander DiewaldFriend
Good afternoon Tom,

First of all, thanks for your great work bringing JFX to the eclipse/EMF world.

I'm currently updating our e3-based RCP to the eclipse platform version 2018-12 and OpenJDK/OpenJFX 11. We are iteratively migrating to JavaFX to ease a later jump to a completely e4 & JavaFX-based RCP hosted at eclipse. (The RCP is a continuously developed "research prototype" of our group at our research institute)

For the migration updates, I've used your openjfx-osgi p2 repository at bestsolution.at to pull the required PDE and runtime artefacts. Up to now, this repository was just used internally to do the migration.

Before we publish / distribute anything using this repository, I would like to ask you if we are allowed to use the aforementioned repository since I did not find any terms for this p2 repository? (We don't have a support contract)
Second, is this repository about to stay, or is it just for testing?

If we are not allowed, we can also (and have to ;) ) switch to an alternate version we used for testing before. But less duplicates are always welcome :)

I'm posting this here, as this question might also be relevant for others.

Thanks in advance,

Alexander

P.S.: Since we also have a successor project hosted at eclipse: Is there already a statement from the Board of Directors regarding the dependency on OpenJFX (GPL+CE license)? OpenJDK is allowed AFAIK, but I did not find a statement for OpenJFX yet.
Re: Legal and practical constraints for using the openjfx-osgi p2 repository [message #1803640 is a reply to message #1803488] Tue, 05 March 2019 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Using bits from http://downloads.efxclipse.bestsolution.at/p2-repos/openjfx-11/: Yes feel free to use everything from there
Is it there to stay: Yes at least until we can ship it from eclipse.org
I filed a CQ a while ago and just requested to get it reopened: https://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=17122
Re: Legal and practical constraints for using the openjfx-osgi p2 repository [message #1810688 is a reply to message #1803640] Fri, 16 August 2019 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Schulz is currently offline Patrick SchulzFriend
Is there an update for getting openjfx-bundles from eclipse.org?

Thanks
Re: Legal and practical constraints for using the openjfx-osgi p2 repository [message #1810711 is a reply to message #1810688] Fri, 16 August 2019 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Wow looks like the CQ was approved a long time ago but I somehow missed the mail - this means we are able to distribute those from eclipse.org - I'll take that on my queue and let you know once I'm done
Re: Legal and practical constraints for using the openjfx-osgi p2 repository [message #1815666 is a reply to message #1810711] Tue, 08 October 2019 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Schulz is currently offline Patrick SchulzFriend
Any news on this one?

Thanks
Re: Legal and practical constraints for using the openjfx-osgi p2 repository [message #1822139 is a reply to message #1810711] Thu, 27 February 2020 21:32 Go to previous message
Philip Alldredge is currently offline Philip AlldredgeFriend
Any news on hosting the OpenJFX P2 on eclipse.org?
Previous Topic:Running eclipse.exe (octopus.exe) after maven tycho build does not start-up
Next Topic:option to add -parameters debug="true" debuglevel="lines,vars,source"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:48:24 GMT 2024