Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Java Code Formatter is installed but not activated
Java Code Formatter is installed but not activated [message #1803483] Fri, 01 March 2019 13:16 Go to next message
David Schowalter is currently offline David SchowalterFriend
When using the oomph installer to set the Java->CodeStyle-Formatter, the correct formatter is set in the IDE, but it is not activated after installation. A workaround by clicking "Edit" and "Ok" will finally activate it.

This happens on eclipse 2018-12 and the InstallerVersion 1.12.0 Build 3827. The setup file is attached.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Is there a way to fix this?
Re: Java Code Formatter is installed but not activated [message #1803708 is a reply to message #1803483] Thu, 07 March 2019 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Hemery is currently offline Vincent HemeryFriend
Hello,
I too have had issues while using org.eclipse.jdt.core.formatter preferences.
On the other hand, when you open the preferences view, you access the formatter profiles page, and I am not sure exactly how these two interact...

I ended up using the following formatter-profile preferences instead, and completly abandon the org.eclipse.jdt.core.formatter preferences :

<setup:PreferenceTask
key="/instance/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/formatter_profile"
value="_[Formatter Name]"/>
key="/instance/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/formatter_settings_version"
value="15"/>
key="/instance/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/org.eclipse.jdt.ui.formatterprofiles"
value="[...]"/>
key="/instance/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/org.eclipse.jdt.ui.formatterprofiles.version"
value="15"/>

I recommend manually editing your formatter profile, then use the recorder to get those preferences.
Re: Java Code Formatter is installed but not activated [message #1803710 is a reply to message #1803708] Thu, 07 March 2019 11:09 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Oh, I thought I answered this... The internet is a bit flaky where I am these days... Thanks for helping Vincent.

Indeed, one should record the profile and also set it as the active profile; that will indirectly set all the other detailed preferences. You can look at other setups that do these, e.g, EMF.setup. (And you can find all of those using Navigate -> Open Setup -> Parent Models -> Catalog Index Eclipse...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:oomph redirection when processing P2 director tasks
Next Topic:Generating PDE Target Definition files for a targlet located in the workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:45:08 GMT 2024