Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Any fundamental changes in next Papyrus release?
Any fundamental changes in next Papyrus release? [message #1803279] Tue, 26 February 2019 08:40 Go to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Hi!

I just want to be prepared if there are any fundamental changes of Papyrus in the coming release(s), such as the architecture framework, elementTypes etc.

Looking under Current Tasks on https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus doesn't give a clear picture of the planned future.

Thanks
Patrik
Re: Any fundamental changes in next Papyrus release? [message #1803378 is a reply to message #1803279] Wed, 27 February 2019 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Patrik,

I'm not aware of any incoming revolution in the next release; however the current plan is to remove a lot of deprecated classes in Papyrus 5.0 (Although I'm not sure when 5.0 will be released exactly - at least not for 2019-03)

Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Any fundamental changes in next Papyrus release? [message #1803448 is a reply to message #1803378] Thu, 28 February 2019 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrik Nandorf is currently offline Patrik NandorfFriend
Thanks Camille,

I just want to avoid (or at least prepare for) revolutions like the previous ones on elementTypes and the architecture framework.

Regards
Patrik
Re: Any fundamental changes in next Papyrus release? [message #1803563 is a reply to message #1803448] Mon, 04 March 2019 09:53 Go to previous message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
Hi Patrik,
In the mailing list developer, I have written that Papyrus will still have 3 or 4 minor releases. the purpose is to consolidate AF element type framework and fixe bugs and impove performance.
We work also on the support of CSS for table without breaking API.
When papyrus 5.0 comes , an announce will be done 6 month before.

But I remark that this infnormation is absent on this page, I will add this information of this page.

Note that all Incoming work paragraph is written from all meetings with all commiters each first monday of the month.

Best regards,
Papyrus team,
Previous Topic:Need to run JUnit plug-in test with no GUI
Next Topic:Support for OMG DD?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:34:27 GMT 2024