Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » regarding mctr_cli(mctr_cli)
regarding mctr_cli [message #1803081] Fri, 22 February 2019 00:12 Go to next message
Mohan Raj Janardhan is currently offline Mohan Raj JanardhanFriend
Hi Elemer,
I have a query regarding the ttcn3_start executable. The command works perfectly find in an ubuntu server, if we login and start it from the server directly.

But when i tried to remote login via SSH command and tried giving the same command it did not work saying that TTCN3_DIR environment variable is not set and it gave an error pointing to Line:190 of TTCN3_start script.

The code at this place seems to be like below:# Checking TTCN3_DIR environment variable and setting mctr_cli

if {[info exists env(TTCN3_DIR)]} {
set mctr $env(TTCN3_DIR)/bin/mctr_cli
} else {
puts "ttcn3_start: warning: TTCN3_DIR environment variable is not set"
set mctr mctr_cli
}

Here it fails on the first check and tries to enter the else part and fails saying that "mctr_cli" is not available. When i give the full path like /opt/TTCN3/bin/mctr_cli in the else part it starts working.

I am not sure what is the difference between the If part and the else part if we end up doing the same thing on both?

Can you clarify?

Thanks
Mohan Raj
Re: regarding mctr_cli [message #1803086 is a reply to message #1803081] Fri, 22 February 2019 07:44 Go to previous message
Elemer Lelik is currently offline Elemer LelikFriend
Hi Mohan,

you should find the answer in the stackoverflow post below:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/216202/why-does-an-ssh-remote-command-get-fewer-environment-variables-then-when-run-man

Best regards
Elemer
Previous Topic: Data Type Conversion
Next Topic:The version of the compiler could not be determined
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:41:40 GMT 2024