Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Breadcrumb doesn't work & Messy Toolbar(Breadcrumb & Toolbar)
Breadcrumb doesn't work & Messy Toolbar [message #1802150] Sat, 02 February 2019 03:10 Go to next message
Piyush Gupta is currently offline Piyush GuptaFriend
Hello,

I've been trying to figure out why my breadcrumb doesn't work. Nothing changes if I toggle on or off the breadcrumb button. I've posted a screenshot of my toolbar, showing that breadcrumb is missing even though the toggle button is enabled. As a result, I can't work with full screen since that makes the top bar disappear, which acts as an inferior substitute to breadcrumb in showing the file path. Is this feature specific to some perspective? I've tried several perspectives but breadcrumb doesn't seem to work for any of them.

I've had this problem since Eclipse 2018-09 when I first cleaned installed Eclipse. I was hoping this problem would go away when I upgrade to Eclipse 2018-12 but the problem still persists. In fact, my toolbar kind of got messed up. As you can see from my screenshot, it looks pretty different as compared the default toolbar that comes with Eclipse. Reset perspective doesn't help. Any idea how I can see the default toolbar similar to the one here: https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/darkest-dark-theme-devstyle#group-screenshots?

I've attached the following things:
1) Toolbar screenshot
2) DevStyle Preference
3) Eclipse Version
4) Eclipse Configurations

I can provide more info if needed. I would really appreciate if someone could help me fix these 2 issues.

Eclipse Version:
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: 2018-12 (4.10.0)
Build id: 20181214-0600

Thanks!
Re: Breadcrumb doesn't work & Messy Toolbar [message #1802167 is a reply to message #1802150] Sat, 02 February 2019 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
The bread crumb bar you are showing isn't provided by Eclipse directly. It is provided by the DevStyle plugin. That being the case, you probably need to use the Genuitec support mechanisms for problems. They appear to have a forum for asking questions.
The toolbar that comes with Eclipse for C/C++ includes the Launch Bar. This is likely what makes your tool bar different from the sample. You can disable the Launch Bar in Preferences->Run/Debug->Launching->Launch Bar
Re: Breadcrumb doesn't work & Messy Toolbar [message #1802394 is a reply to message #1802167] Fri, 08 February 2019 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piyush Gupta is currently offline Piyush GuptaFriend
Hi David,

Thank you so much for the reply!

Wasn't breadcrumb a default feature of Eclipse once upon a time? I believe newer Eclipse versions don't have it since I don't see any references on Google besides these:
https://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-java-editor-breadcrumb.htm
https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/learning-eclipse-java/9781771372824/video191004.html

It would be a very useful feature for any IDE.

Thanks!

Re: Breadcrumb doesn't work & Messy Toolbar [message #1802395 is a reply to message #1802394] Fri, 08 February 2019 04:18 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The "Java editor breadcrumb navigation bar" is specific to the Java Editor and Java "elements".

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Fri, 08 February 2019 04:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Startup delay due to osgi bundle resolving
Next Topic:Need to Conatact an Administrator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:20:42 GMT 2024