Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Edges between contained elements disapear when horizontally stacked containers are moved.(Edges between contained elements disapear when horizontally stacked containers are moved.)
Edges between contained elements disapear when horizontally stacked containers are moved. [message #1801898] Tue, 29 January 2019 11:35 Go to next message
Neil Mackenzie is currently offline Neil MackenzieFriend
In a Sirius specification, when a container has children's presentation marked as 'horizontal stack' and then there is an edge relation between items in a sub-container of this container, the edges display very neatly, even with very large diagrams.

However when a container is moved on screen many of the edges just disappear. This problem does not occur when I choose 'free form' for the children's presentation (unfortunately I need a horizontal stack)

I have attached images here, based on a simple model where a TablesSet contains some tables, a Table contains Columns, and the Columns can have a dependency on Columns from another table. Model and .odesign specification is attached also, with example instance.

If this is a bug I am happy to raise a bug report and if pointed to some code, I can help to investigate also.

The images attached are:
1.) nicely laid out container with children presentation set as 'horizontal stack'
2.) screenshot after moving this container (edges disappear)
3.) nicely laid out container with children presentation as 'free form'
4.) screenshot after moving this container (edges do not disappear)

I am using the eclipse modelling package from the December 2018 release which uses Sirius 6.1.1.

index.php/fa/34749/0/

index.php/fa/34750/0/

index.php/fa/34747/0/

index.php/fa/34748/0/
Re: Edges between contained elements disapear when horizontally stacked containers are moved. [message #1801914 is a reply to message #1801898] Tue, 29 January 2019 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Indeed, this seems like a bug that is not listed in the documentation known limitation of compartments [1]. Can you open a new bugzilla? In our defense, I am not quite sure that having edges on compartment is visually a good idea. Depending on where the edge connects with the compartment, you have no idea if the edge is connected to the compartment or to its container (like on your first screenshot).

Regards,
Steve

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/diagrams/Diagrams.html#containers

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Edges between contained elements disapear when horizontally stacked containers are moved. [message #1801920 is a reply to message #1801914] Tue, 29 January 2019 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Steve,
I will raise a bug report.
I understand your comment. I am building a traceable data application, and this is the only way I could find to show the column traceability neatly from my model (where tables are listed vertically and columns horizontally, tightly packed) .

This layout is very very neat for me, and I benefit from the fact that I only ever have one column in the column container (so it is not important to me to know if the edge is connected to the compartment or to its container).

I would like to get this fixed quickly, but don't have any money to pay for consultancy :)
Also, I would like to learn to compile Sirius because I am keen to contribute in the push to sirius on the web.

If on the bug report someone could point me to roughly where that layout code lives I can help investigate and contribute to the fix.

Regards,
Neil
Re: Edges between contained elements disapear when horizontally stacked containers are moved. [message #1801933 is a reply to message #1801920] Tue, 29 January 2019 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
added bug report https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=543946
Re: Edges between contained elements disapear when horizontally stacked containers are moved. [message #1801936 is a reply to message #1801933] Tue, 29 January 2019 15:56 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Thank you.

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:How to enable and disable Node from Palette
Next Topic:AQL: Recursive selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:00:33 GMT 2024