Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Paths with imbedded spaces(Handling arguments that contain spaces)
Paths with imbedded spaces [message #1800529] Tue, 01 January 2019 13:44
Reinhardt Christiansen is currently offline Reinhardt ChristiansenFriend
I'm trying to modify an argument for a Builder so that it contains a space (which is part of a path) and saw the note to put quotes around the argument but I'm darned if I can figure out *where* to put the quotes.

This builder is supposed to use SASS from Ruby to convert sass/scss files to css files when I save the sass/scss file after editing in Eclipse. The current argument is:
--update ${project_loc}\assets\scss:${project_loc}\assets\css --sourcemap=none --style compressed

I want to change it so that the paths in the --update argument contain blanks. For example:
--update ${project_loc}\My Subfolder\scss:${project_loc}\My Subfolder\css --sourcemap=none --style compressed

I've tried putting the quotes around the whole thing, around just the --update argument and even within the --update argument but any such attempt causes the result file to simply vanish: I can't find it anywhere although SASS claims it wrote it.

In other words, the following DON'T work:

"--update ${project_loc}\My Subfolder\scss:${project_loc}\My Subfolder\css --sourcemap=none --style compressed"

"--update ${project_loc}\My Subfolder\scss:${project_loc}\My Subfolder\css" --sourcemap=none --style compressed

--update "${project_loc}\My Subfolder\scss":"${project_loc}\My Subfolder\css" --sourcemap=none --style compressed

Can anyone advise me on where the quotes SHOULD go?

I'm running Eclipse 2018-09 on Windows 10 Home.
Previous Topic:SCSS/SASS in Eclipse 2018-09
Next Topic:Extract JTable to Microsoft Excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:36:17 GMT 2024