Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Purpose of branding info
Purpose of branding info [message #1800097] Wed, 19 December 2018 20:56 Go to next message
Mario Jauvin is currently offline Mario JauvinFriend
When I look at the org.eclipse.product.setup file, I see a number of oomph annotations and I do not understand their purpose. First off what is the purpose of the source and references element of the annotation. Then, looking at the following annotations throughout the setup file:

1. BrandingInfo under Eclipse.org
    What is the purpose of this annotation and the key-value pair readmePath?
  2. BrandingInfo under Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers
    What is the purpose of this annotation? I discovered the key-value pair imageURI is to specify the image in the eclipse installer products page.
  3. BrandingInfo under 2018-12
    What is the purpose of this annotation and the key-value pair siteURI?

Where is this documented (I could not find anything other than the Javadoc which does not have any additional information)?

[Updated on: Wed, 19 December 2018 20:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Purpose of branding info [message #1800109 is a reply to message #1800097] Thu, 20 December 2018 05:32 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
These work effectively just like EAnnotations in Ecore. I.e., the source is used to find the annotation, and then the key/value pairs are used to look up specific details.

E.g., you'll see many annotations declared here:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/oomph/org.eclipse.oomph.git/tree/plugins/org.eclipse.oomph.setup/src/org/eclipse/oomph/setup/AnnotationConstants.java

If you follow the Call Hierarchy of the constants, you'll see where they are used. E.g., readmePath is used as a link in the installer's simple mode to allow the user the open the readme file for the package they've installed.

Unfortunately you'll generally need to look at the source code to see how/where these annotations are used.

So I expect 1. You've already figured out 2. And for 3, it generates a "details" link in advanced mode so you can see the web page with information about that package version.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How to import plugins from other installation?
Next Topic:Problem with latest 2018-12 SimRel and Oomph
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:10:21 GMT 2024