Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » how to add resources to a resource set ( how to add resources to a resource set )
how to add resources to a resource set [message #1799355] Wed, 05 December 2018 13:56 Go to next message
Sharmila D is currently offline Sharmila DFriend
Hii

can anyone Please help me how to add resources to a resource set programatically in sirius.My resource set is already having rootobject.How I need to add resources to that existing resource set.

Iam having the following code snippet which works fine
final ResourceSet local_rs = new ResourceSetImpl();
final Resource local_resource = local_rs.
createResource(local_semanticModelURI);
global_domain.getCommandStack().execute(new RecordingCommand(global_domain) {

@Override
protected void doExecute() {
/* adding the contents of arEobject to resource */
local_res.getContents().add(global_autosarobj);
try {

//local_createdSession.save(local_monitor);
local_res.save(Collections.EMPTY_MAP);

} /*End of try*/
catch (Exception e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}/*End of catch*/

}/* End of doExecute() */
});
this works fine for some cases for some cases it is showing error I feel iam doing something wrong

Iam thinking that I was not supposed to create a newResource set.
how to add resources to that existing resource set.:
Iam tried the below code by using session to get existing resource set.iam getting the resource set but if I try to add resources to thet throws an exception

Session local_createdSession = SessionManager.INSTANCE.
getSession(sessionResourceURI, local_monitor);

Iterator<Resource>local_it =local_createdSession.getSemanticResources().iterator();
//URI gt =URI.createPlatformResourceURI(local_descriptionFile.getFullPath().toOSString(),true);
while (local_res==null && local_it.hasNext()) {
Resource local_r = local_it.next();
if(local_semanticModelURI.equals(local_r.getURI()))
{
local_res=local_r;
}

}
global_domain.getCommandStack().execute(new RecordingCommand(global_domain) {

@Override
/* adding the contents of arEobject to resource */
local_res.getContents().add(global_autosarobj);
try {

//local_createdSession.save(local_monitor);
local_res.save(Collections.EMPTY_MAP);

} /*End of try*/
catch (Exception e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}/*End of catch*/

}/* End of doExecute() */
});

it is throwing the exception if I go through session

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.assertWriting(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:348)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.appendNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:302)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.processResourceNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:272)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.notifyChanged(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:238)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotificationImpl.dispatch(NotificationImpl.java:1027)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:299)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:303)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.ECollections.setEList(ECollections.java:191)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change.impl.ResourceChangeImpl.process(ResourceChangeImpl.java:305)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change.impl.ResourceChangeImpl.apply(ResourceChangeImpl.java:282)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change.impl.ResourceChangeImpl.apply(ResourceChangeImpl.java:267)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.change.impl.ChangeDescriptionImpl.apply(ChangeDescriptionImpl.java:306)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.util.CompositeChangeDescription.apply(CompositeChangeDescription.java:135)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.doRollback(TransactionImpl.java:570)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionImpl.rollback(TransactionImpl.java:547)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.rollback(AbstractEMFOperation.java:630)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.AbstractEMFOperation.execute(AbstractEMFOperation.java:187)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.operations.DefaultOperationHistory.execute(DefaultOperationHistory.java:488)
at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.impl.WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.doExecute(WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.java:208)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:165)
at org.eclipse.sphinx.emf.workspace.domain.factory.ExtendedWorkspaceEditingDomainFactory$1.execute(ExtendedWorkspaceEditingDomainFactory.java:201)
at com.avin.arxml.generation.handlers.GenerateDesign.generateSiriusResource(GenerateDesign.java:505)

How I can add resources to existing resourceset
Re: how to add resources to a resource set [message #1799358 is a reply to message #1799355] Wed, 05 December 2018 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It looks like the rollback itself is failing. I doubt you should be doing a save during a command. I don't know the purpose of your new resource set. Shouldn't you be using the editing domain's resource set and shouldn't you do the create of the resource inside the doExecute?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: how to add resources to a resource set [message #1799405 is a reply to message #1799358] Thu, 06 December 2018 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI
Ed Merks
Thanks for the reply

how to get the editing domain resource set.Please help me
Re: how to add resources to a resource set [message #1799414 is a reply to message #1799405] Thu, 06 December 2018 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I have a feeling you are working for a large corporation and that you should get help internally.

In any case, global_domain.getResourceSet() should do the trick.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: how to add resources to a resource set [message #1799465 is a reply to message #1799414] Fri, 07 December 2018 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HI
Ed Merks
Thanks for the reply

As you said I am getting the existing resource but I was not able to add resources to existing resource set.
Please find the below code
Session local_createdSession = SessionManager.INSTANCE.
getExistingSession(sessionResourceURI);
TransactionalEditingDomain local_domain = local_createdSession.
getTransactionalEditingDomain();
Resource Res= local_domain.getResourceSet().getResource(local_createPlatformResourceURI, true);
EObject local_rootObject1 = EcoreResourceUtil.getModelRoot(Res);
local_domain .getCommandStack().
execute(new RecordingCommand(local_domain ) {
@Override
Res.getContents.add(global_arEobject)
Res.save

}
});
when I try to add contents to existing rootobject it is throwing me error.
How to add resource contents to model.

am I doing correct ?
Please help me

[Updated on: Fri, 07 December 2018 09:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to add resources to a resource set [message #1799470 is a reply to message #1799465] Fri, 07 December 2018 11:32 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

A major problem for large modeling applications is avoiding different components updating models in a competitive fashion. Debugging these problems can be a huge PITA.

EMF Transaction solves many of these problems by imposing a very tight one-writer at a time straight jacket on what can be done. This is also a PITA, until you learn to live with it.

Each EMF Transaction-based framework has its policies for how to live within the one at a time discipline. You therefore should look for Sirius documentation, examples and correspondence on the Sirius forum to find the correct approach. This is not an EMF problem; it is an EMF Transaction protection.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Error with import after refactoring interface
Next Topic:Xcore and JUnit4/5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:53:31 GMT 2024