Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Core Java Library Profile for Eclipse(Not sure where this goes, or how to donate this to the project.)
Core Java Library Profile for Eclipse [message #1797753] Tue, 06 November 2018 07:38 Go to next message
Amir Eslampanah is currently offline Amir EslampanahFriend
Simply download the Java Core (JCL) API UML file I made (attached)

And use the model->import->import package from user model functionality in papyrus in eclipse

Then you can use standard java library types outside of just primitives in your papyrus UML diagram.

I've tested this with the code generator and it works with one caveat, you end up with an extra local copy of the standard library packages in the generated project. Simply delete these and you can move on with your day. I'm not sure, but eclipse payprus codegen doesn't currently seem to generate the imports necessary, so you'll have to do that manually or let the IDE do it for you, but it sure beats having placeholder types.

If you're wondering how this was done, I used the following eclipse marketplace plugin:jar2uml

To generate a UML file for the standard library jar file version 1.8, this is usually under the jre installation directory inside the lib folder.

This gave me a model with all the standard library packages within it, but the model was named rt.java.* instead of java.* which messed with the code generation process. So i simply removed the other packages other than java.* and made java the model itself instead of a package.

Note I posted this on stack overflow as well.
  • Attachment: java.uml
    (Size: 9.11MB, Downloaded 127 times)
Re: Core Java Library Profile for Eclipse [message #1797828 is a reply to message #1797753] Wed, 07 November 2018 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amir Eslampanah is currently offline Amir EslampanahFriend
Seems there was a double post, can a mod please remove the other thread. This one can stay :)
Re: Core Java Library Profile for Eclipse [message #1798075 is a reply to message #1797828] Mon, 12 November 2018 08:50 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Hi,

thanks for sharing this. It might be useful pour Papyrus SW designer, but we haven't had a closer look (and I don't know whether there are legal issues if we provide it).

Ansgar
Previous Topic:Roadmap for Papyrus Compare
Next Topic:[CSS] Support for containment in SVG images
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:11:47 GMT 2024