Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » "Create Dynamic Instance" in OCLinEcore tutorial(OCLinEcore tutorial)
"Create Dynamic Instance" in OCLinEcore tutorial [message #1797664] Sun, 04 November 2018 14:08 Go to next message
Perdita Stevens is currently offline Perdita StevensFriend
Following section 4.1 of the Photon version of the OCL documentation here:
http://download.eclipse.org/ocl/doc/6.4.0/ocl.pdf
I get stuck at section 4.1.6 because, after double clicking on Library in the OCLInEcore editor, the context-sensitive menu doesn't contain a Create Dynamic Instance... option

This used to work two years ago, when I last followed a version of this tutorial with students, and the document does say that some screenshots may be out of date, but right now I can't find that functionality anywhere. Can anyone help?
Re: "Create Dynamic Instance" in OCLinEcore tutorial [message #1797665 is a reply to message #1797664] Sun, 04 November 2018 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, sorry, stupid of me - I can do it using another of the ecore editors, just not the OCLinEcore one. Still, it's an inconsistency between the tutorial and the editor that should probably be fixed anyway.
Re: "Create Dynamic Instance" in OCLinEcore tutorial [message #1797666 is a reply to message #1797665] Sun, 04 November 2018 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi Perdita

Thanks for the report. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=540751 raised.

(You might be interested in the Sirius-based Sample Reflective Ecore Diagram Editor that QVT 0.17.0M2 introduces as a debugging aid to visualize arbitrary XML files. Needs more work to promote it from a Viewer with delete/layout editing to a full editor. Do you have any students who might fancy doing it as a Masters project?)

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: "Create Dynamic Instance" in OCLinEcore tutorial [message #1797667 is a reply to message #1797666] Sun, 04 November 2018 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might do - or more likely, probably, might get a good undergraduate student to do that next year. I'll be thinking about project proposals in a few weeks - will bear it in mind, and possibly get back to you if anything's unclear.
Re: "Create Dynamic Instance" in OCLinEcore tutorial [message #1797669 is a reply to message #1797667] Sun, 04 November 2018 18:48 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Fix should be in 6.5.1M2 on Monday.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:"Select DISTINCT" with OCL
Next Topic:Specify Constraint for Parameter of a UML Operation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:02:09 GMT 2024