Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Debug session starts with internal browser, but not external(Debug session will start only with external browser closed.)
Debug session starts with internal browser, but not external [message #1797084] Thu, 25 October 2018 03:33 Go to next message
Ernest Wagner is currently offline Ernest WagnerFriend
If the external browser is open, starting a debug session results in the message: "Launching Ampache-develop: (48%)" with no further change. and the progress tab says: "Launching: waiting for xdebug session..."

And when the debug session is terminated, the web browser must be closed to display the "DEBUG SESSION ENDED" page. Yes, Eclipse will open a closed browser to display the page, but won't or can't if the browser is open.

This problem also occurred on earlier versions. It occurs with Firefox and Chromium.

It might be an xdebug setting, but if I open the url at the browser, without (?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=ECLIPSE_DBGP&KEY=154043720776022), eclipse will stop at the breakpoints. Eclipse doesn't even have to have a session running for this to happen.

I hope my extensive search/research provided more clues to solve this problem. I've had many results with similar issues but no definitive answer.

Eclipse Version: 2018-09 (4.9.0)
Fedora 28 very fresh install
WORK AROUND: Debug session starts with internal browser, but not external [message #1797882 is a reply to message #1797084] Wed, 07 November 2018 23:14 Go to previous message
Ernest Wagner is currently offline Ernest WagnerFriend
I decided to revert firefox all the way back to version 59.0.2 and it worked well with Eclipse version: 2018-09 (4.9.0).

I will be submitting this issue to the Firefox group.

Previous Topic:SESSION vars do not work for zend debugger?
Next Topic:PHP syntax checking with included scripts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 09:10:48 GMT 2024