Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » How to automatically acquire *.SerialPort1.deviceFilename in.cfg file
How to automatically acquire *.SerialPort1.deviceFilename in.cfg file [message #1796829] Fri, 19 October 2018 13:35 Go to next message
le tian is currently offline le tianFriend
Every time the port number changes, I need to manually modify *. SerialPort1. deviceFilename in the. CFG file. Is there a way to automatically retrieve the deviceFilename that is already connected?

Thank you for your answer!
Re: How to automatically acquire *.SerialPort1.deviceFilename in.cfg file [message #1797007 is a reply to message #1796829] Wed, 24 October 2018 04:23 Go to previous message
Lenard Nagy is currently offline Lenard NagyFriend
Hi,

What do You mean by "Port number"? The number at end of e.g. "/dev/ttyS3"?

If yes, then there's no automatic way from Titan's perspective. Titan can not guess which serial port to use for communication, and since these names are varied through different linux distributions we can not even guess which file descriptor to use under "/dev/" even if there's only one serial port connected.

The first step I would take to overcome this problem is to check why the name is changing. Why does the device get reconnected every time? If it is intentional, according to my experiences it gets the lowest available number.

A workaround could be to use a config file skeleton in which You replace the port name template from a shell script from a shell script before running the tests.

Lenard
Previous Topic:Error in transmission of hexstring data on serial port
Next Topic:L2 and L3 Network support TTCN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:53:34 GMT 2024