Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Multiple Instances of Same Viewpoint in representations.aird
Multiple Instances of Same Viewpoint in representations.aird [message #1796734] Thu, 18 October 2018 09:18 Go to next message
Stuart Hutchesson is currently offline Stuart HutchessonFriend
I have been developing an application with Sirius and I have got to the point of deploying it as a plugin.

When I open the models that I created whist developing the application, none of the diagrams I created during my development are visible, however I can create new ones.

Examining the representations.aird file I can see that there are two instances of my viewpoints created in the file - one set with my old diagrams and another set with my new diagrams.

If I open my model in my development environment (Running as a Run configuration not a deployed plugin) I can see both sets of viewpoints and all the diagrams (old and new).

Is there any way I can recover the set of diagrams, and have a sinlge instance of the viewpoints without recreating them from scratch.

(I suspect this has something to do with Sirius "sessions" but I dont fully understand how thay are created/maintened)
Re: Multiple Instances of Same Viewpoint in representations.aird [message #1796965 is a reply to message #1796734] Tue, 23 October 2018 09:28 Go to previous message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hello,
First of all, defining diagram in "development mode" (the odesign is defined in the same workspace than the modeling project) and next continue to work on them in "deployed" mode is not really supported. See https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/general/Specifying_Viewpoints.html#dynamic for more details.
The problem is probably a different viewpoint URI between your development environment and the deployed one. The viewpoint uri looks like this in deployed mode: platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.sirius.sample.interactions.design/description/interaction.odesign#//@ownedViewpoints[name='Interactions']. The only way I see is modifying manually the URIs in the aird file to reference the same viewpoint than the deployed one. You will also have to merge the viewpoint:DRepresentationDescriptor in the same DView referencing the deployed viewpoint.

regards,

Florian
Previous Topic:Question about Select Model Element Variable
Next Topic:[OBEO] Create element based edge tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:33:59 GMT 2024