Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Column for add/modify/delete is missing from revision detail area(First column describing nature of file change (add/modify/delete) is not there)
Column for add/modify/delete is missing from revision detail area [message #1796354] Thu, 11 October 2018 13:58 Go to next message
Alex Mising name is currently offline Alex Mising nameFriend
Hello,

According to the user guide section on the History View linked here, there should be two columns in the revision details area, where the second is the path name and the first is a column describing the nature of the change (add/modify/delete).

To quote the guide:

Quote:
The first column of this table describes the nature of the change for each file:

ADD the file was added by the commit
MODIFY the file was modified by the commit
DELETE the file was deleted by the commit

Here is the guide's screenshot for the relevant dialog which shows the "Revision Detail Area" I am talking about:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/d/df/Egit-0.9-history-view.png

So, in my case that pane has no column headers bar and there is only the path listed. How do I go about reverting to the default behavior (although I am pretty certain I never changed anything regarding that config). I cannot find anything in the Columns and Show sub-menus of the view.

Re: Column for add/modify/delete is missing from revision detail area [message #1796435 is a reply to message #1796354] Fri, 12 October 2018 21:38 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
This column has been replaced a long time ago by icons,:
- added files have an icon decorated with a green '+'
- deleted files have an icon decorated with a grey 'x'
- modified files have an undecorated icon
Previous Topic:Git submodules vulnerability
Next Topic:I want to add a submodule with a relative path
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:53:52 GMT 2024