Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Unable to Get MIN Expression to Work(Problem with Filtering)
Unable to Get MIN Expression to Work [message #1795277] Wed, 19 September 2018 17:18
Phil N is currently offline Phil NFriend
Hi, I'm fairly new to BIRT so apologies if this is a simple question but I can't work it out. I've got a dataset with two columns, one an ALN value and the other is a calculated integer which I'm using to sort the ALN value. I've grouped the results in my SQL query and have the values appearing on my BIRT report ok, I want to select the lowest Integer and display the associated ALN value. I'm using the Min expression on the Filter tab of the Edit Group box but I can't get the results to display correctly, both results keep appearing rather than just one. I can get one if I use almost any other type of filter (>,< etc.) but Min won't work for me. I've tried min as the expression and as the value field and with various operators but none work. I've also tried filtering on the report value itself and at the dataset level. Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct min expression please?

Many thanks in advance, I'm using 3.7.1.

Phil

index.php/fa/33911/0/
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 9.47KB, Downloaded 360 times)
Previous Topic:Cascading Parameters in Maximo reports
Next Topic:Using two dataset and Two nested tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:51:58 GMT 2024