Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » EMF Extended meta data annotation(Use Of extended meta data)
EMF Extended meta data annotation [message #1795257] Wed, 19 September 2018 10:43 Go to next message
Naveen  R is currently offline Naveen RFriend
Hi,
I have the EMF model which contains the package in which I have the annotation called ExtendedMetaData which DetaiEntry having key as qualifier and value as false. So is this annotation is used for serialization and deserialization of objects. Because I am Sirius for which I have linked the model. So when i Create a diagram under the specific model element the elements will be serialized to file. But when I deserialize it is throwing me null pointer exception.
After setting the ExtendedMetaData which DetaiEntry having the key as qualifier and value as true the null pointer exception is not coming.
So what is the use of ExtendedMetaData in the EMF model?
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 2.72KB, Downloaded 184 times)
Re: EMF Extended meta data annotation [message #1795259 is a reply to message #1795257] Wed, 19 September 2018 11:14 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

The ExtendedMetaData provides a variety of capabilities to customize EMF serialization, which is very useful when using XSD.

However for normal purposes the functionality of ExtendedMetaData is well hidden, so if you need to examine it, you are either looking in the wrong place, or are a major EMF expert doing something very 'clever'.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:[EMF Forms] Sorting numbers in a table control
Next Topic:Texo bi-directional association.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:45:57 GMT 2024