Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Issue With Arduino CDT & ESP8266 Program
Issue With Arduino CDT & ESP8266 Program [message #1794972] Tue, 11 September 2018 23:05 Go to next message
The sed is currently offline The sedFriend
Hello all,

I am trying to compile a Generic ESP8266 Module program using the Arduino CDT plugin. I installed a fresh instance of Eclipse Photon, downloaded the esp8266 board using the Arduino Downloads manager, and tried to compile a basic program and receive this error:

c:/users/kmahajan/.arduinocdt/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-lx106-elf/4.8.2/../../../../xtensa-lx106-elf/bin/ld.exe: cannot open linker script file ../ld/eagle.app.v6.common.ld: No such file or directory
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Tesst.elf] Error 1
makefile:101: recipe for target 'Tesst.elf' failed

This program does compile in the Arduino IDE, but when I bring it over to Eclipse, it does not compile. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can get any program to compile for the ESP8266 module? Any good documentation for setting up the esp8266 in Arduino correctly? Thanks guys.
Re: Issue With Arduino CDT & ESP8266 Program [message #1795280 is a reply to message #1794972] Wed, 19 September 2018 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paolo Borsi is currently offline Paolo BorsiFriend
Hi,
I had the same problem and then I've found a solution.

Following advices from here:
https://github.com/Sloeber/arduino-eclipse-plugin/issues/984

I modified the file

~/.arduinocdt/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.4.2/platform.txt

at line 98 and added ( in bold )

recipe.c.combine.pattern={recipe.hooks.linking.prelink.1.pattern};"{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}" -Wl,-Map "-Wl,{build.path}/{build.project_name}.map" {compiler.c.elf.flags} {compiler.c.elf.extra_flags} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" -Wl,--start-group {object_files} "{build.path}/arduino.ar" {compiler.c.elf.libs} -Wl,--end-group "-L{build.path}"

Hope it helps
Re: Issue With Arduino CDT & ESP8266 Program [message #1815873 is a reply to message #1795280] Mon, 14 October 2019 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abhishek Mishra is currently offline Abhishek MishraFriend
In windows environment following is required

recipe.c.combine.pattern={recipe.hooks.linking.prelink.1.pattern} & "{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}" -Wl,-Map "-Wl,{build.path}/{build.project_name}.map" {compiler.c.elf.flags} {compiler.c.elf.extra_flags} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" -Wl,--start-group {object_files} "{build.path}/arduino.ar" {compiler.c.elf.libs} -Wl,--end-group "-L{build.path}"
Re: Issue With Arduino CDT & ESP8266 Program [message #1816584 is a reply to message #1815873] Thu, 31 October 2019 20:15 Go to previous message
Cor Venner is currently offline Cor VennerFriend
I had the same experience and I was glad that I found this thread.
I followed the instructions carefully and with the last reply of Abhishek Mishra I was able to generate the .elf file.
However, in a next step where I tried to flash the EPS8266 it gave an error that the .bin file was missing. I was able to fix this with the following extensions:

## Combine gc-sections, archives, and objects
recipe.c.combine.pattern={recipe.hooks.linking.prelink.1.pattern} & "{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}" {build.exception_flags} -Wl,-Map "-Wl,{build.path}/{build.project_name}.map" {compiler.c.elf.flags} {compiler.c.elf.extra_flags} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" -Wl,--start-group {object_files} "{archive_file_path}" {compiler.c.elf.libs} -Wl,--end-group "-L{build.path}" & {recipe.objcopy.hex.1.pattern}

This is at line 105 of platform.txt file (version 2.5.2)

Best regards, Cor
Previous Topic:Struggling with includes
Next Topic:samc20 and eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 11:47:04 GMT 2024