Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » new line characters in input text - need help(need help)
new line characters in input text - need help [message #1794216] Mon, 27 August 2018 15:34 Go to next message
Imam Fahlevi is currently offline Imam FahleviFriend
Hi, does anybody here know how to include new line characters for input text??

i want my input in the test to be something for example:

hello
world

i dont know how to do this in jubula. i tried and it keep doing the same
--> "hello world"

need help
very urgent

i attached screenshot of my gui
  • Attachment: Capture.JPG
    (Size: 38.01KB, Downloaded 103 times)
Re: new line characters in input text - need help [message #1794251 is a reply to message #1794216] Tue, 28 August 2018 05:39 Go to previous message
Dominik Gabriel is currently offline Dominik GabrielFriend
hi there,

i had the same issue when i was working with multi line text editors... i used do place a '?' for the new line characters and use the 'simple match' character. do for your example it differs on your new line characters what you have to type. it would be 'hello?world' if you just have a \n as new line char. if you are having \r\n as new lines just use 'hello??world'.

its not the best solution because some issue you will not find... so for example if your string in the editor would be "helloAworld" or "helloABworld" your test will not recognize that something is wrong. in our tests we accepted that risk because the strings we are checking are long and the chance that exactly the new line chars are wrong...

Anyway if its too much risk for your scenario you still can go into regex and use the match operator. there you can check also for specific new line chars

Best Regards
Dominik
Previous Topic:General special characters
Next Topic:Object Mapping in a Swing+Jide Application with JDesktopPanes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:17:50 GMT 2024