Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Forte not in 4Diac IDE
Forte not in 4Diac IDE [message #1794004] Wed, 22 August 2018 08:05 Go to next message
Alexander Buer is currently offline Alexander BuerFriend
Hello,

to preface this, I'm a mechatronics technician, I have no training in programming languages aside from Siemens TIA Portal and Simatic Manager, mainly with FBD but also LD and some IL.

Now, we're planning on rolling out a new system that a programming company is setting up. We've decided to go with the newer IEC 61499, yay I get to learn new things.

As it will all be mostly set up by the programmers, I don't have to learn much, except the basics. But I'm struggling to even install 4Diac.

First I had to fight with Java, which simply will not run on most company PCs, having found an offline version to install, I could start 4Diac.

Following the step by step tutorial I got as far as making a simple blinking program, which I then want to test by using Forte. While it said that 4Diac-IDE comes with built in Forte, I have no idea how to use it, as there is no Forte.exe I could point the preferences to.

Please keep in mind I'm in automation, I have to program around 2-3 times a year.

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Forte not in 4Diac IDE [message #1794233 is a reply to message #1794004] Mon, 27 August 2018 18:53 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

thanks for letting us know about your issues. This helps as improving 4diac. With 4diac we want to make the life of automation people like you easier. Therefore at the same time sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the forte issues I posted already in your other post. I just wanted to add your problem regarding Java. Depending how your programming company is setting you and your potential colleagues up. There is the option to deliver a java with 4diac. Then you really don't have to install anything but just unziping the package and on you go.

Secondly if you are German speaking and near Munich you may be interested in a IEC 61499 introductory course we are givinging in September. This course is sponsored by the German BMWi. Details can be found here: https://kompetenzzentrum-augsburg-digital.de/veranstaltung/thema-steuerungsprogramme-sept18/
Previous Topic:Why does Eclipse prj have version 1.10.0 listed but all I find is 1.9.1
Next Topic:Build Forte error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:16:54 GMT 2024