Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Is XMI required to provide model instances?
Is XMI required to provide model instances? [message #1793878] Fri, 17 August 2018 19:46 Go to next message
jo ber is currently offline jo berFriend
Hi

As I understood the example 'Families to persons' the sample families are provided in an xmi file. Is it possible instead of providing this information, to use directly java object instances that comply with the 'source' metamodel? And is it possible as 'output' to receive java object instances that comply with the 'target' metamodel? If yes, how?

Thank you and kind regards,
Re: Is XMI required to provide model instances? [message #1800687 is a reply to message #1793878] Sat, 05 January 2019 12:40 Go to previous message
jo ber is currently offline jo berFriend
In case it might help others, I post the solution I've used.

First, I've tried to use neoemf to persist the EMF object. I faced two issues:
1. when I persist the object in Neo4j via NeoEMF, the business objects are persisted in a generic way. I.e. the business object are converted into edges and vertices. From my perspective, this approach was too generic and I was expecting to keep the domain specific object,
2. NeoEMF rely on an outdated version of Tinkerpop/Blueprints which doesn't support recent version of Neo4j. Also, I couldn't find a clear plan when NeoEMF would be migrated to a more recent version of Blueprint,

As an alternative solution I used CDO which worked out decently.
Previous Topic:How to get a .xmi file from .xml?
Next Topic: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:27:36 GMT 2024