Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Export Preferences->C/C++(How to export Preferences->C/C++ (ALL))
Export Preferences->C/C++ [message #1793735] Tue, 14 August 2018 21:30 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Eclipse / CDT is an awesome platform.

I've been using / administering Eclipse for our software department about ten years now. It's really a pain to propagate a change or implement a new Error Parser to the user workspaces.
Is there any way to Export preferences->C/C++->Build structure?

Major System Configuration:
Windows 7 64-bit
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
v 4.6.2 (Neon)
v 4.7.3a (Oxygen)
v 4.8r (Photon)
v 2018_09

PyDev

MinGW
MSys
GNU Toolchain
Perforce

[Updated on: Tue, 14 August 2018 21:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Export Preferences->C/C++ [message #1793739 is a reply to message #1793735] Wed, 15 August 2018 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
The following don't work?
File --> Export --> C/C++ --> C/C++ Project Settings
File --> Export --> General --> Preferences

There are project files .cproject , .project plus others in .settings directory.
Create a project without source that you can make a copy of then import.

There are things in the workspace directory as well that mostly affect appearance.

You can also create an empty workspace or one with a rudimentary project that can be copied.
This is what I do.
I also have a directory called workspaces that has subdirectories named by Eclipse version
The subdirectories contain the actual workspaces.
When making a new workspace I copy one of the existing ones then delete unwanted projects.

I generally don't keep the actual project in the workspace but import it from its actual location.

Re: Export Preferences->C/C++ [message #1793777 is a reply to message #1793739] Wed, 15 August 2018 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I currently create a 'clean' workspace for a given program (without projects), which is checked into Perforce for the program team to use.

Just make sure you're actually starting with a sanitized workspace, otherwise, you may get some unexpected behaviour.

With no projects in the workspace there shouldn't be any .pdom files in the .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.core directory. Multiple .pdom files for a given project can cause indexer issues.

Windows 7 64-bit
v 4.6.2 (Neon)
v 4.7.3a (Oxygen)
v 4.8r (Photon)
v 2018_09

PyDev

MinGW
MSys
GNU Toolchain
Perforce
Re: Export Preferences->C/C++ [message #1793778 is a reply to message #1793739] Wed, 15 August 2018 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I currently create a 'clean' workspace for a given program (without projects), which is checked into Perforce for the program team to use.

Just make sure you're actually starting with a sanitized workspace, otherwise, you may get some unexpected behaviour.

With no projects in the workspace there shouldn't be any .pdom files in the .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.core directory. Multiple .pdom files for a given project can cause indexer issues.

Windows 7 64-bit
v 4.6.2 (Neon)
v 4.7.3a (Oxygen)
v 4.8r (Photon)
v 2018_09

PyDev

MinGW
MSys
GNU Toolchain
Perforce
Re: Export Preferences->C/C++ [message #1795046 is a reply to message #1793778] Thu, 13 September 2018 12:57 Go to previous message
Chris Decker is currently offline Chris DeckerFriend
Have you looked at plugins? Like Workspace Preferences Transferrer?
Previous Topic:CWD and PWD variables for each Project
Next Topic:Arduino Download Manager: path error when try installing new platform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:29:30 GMT 2024