Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Montior UI Plugin does not call init() when Debug Launched as an Eclipse Product
Montior UI Plugin does not call init() when Debug Launched as an Eclipse Product [message #1793669] Mon, 13 August 2018 18:45 Go to next message
Jon Passki is currently offline Jon PasskiFriend

I am learning how Mylyn Monitor works by launching an Eclipse Application (IDE product).
When debug launching and setting a breakpoint in org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.monitor.ui.MonitorUiPlugin.start and stepping over job.schedule(), I see the job's result is Status.CANCEL unknown code=1 null. Consequently, the UI plugin's init() is not called.

How can I go about debug launching the Eclipse IDE product and get the Monitor UI plugin to have its UIJob execute successfully? Or are these UI jobs not expected to work when launching Eclipse this way?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.12, Eclipse Photon, and Java 10.0.2. When validating the plugins, the only non-resolved entry is org.apache.xmlrpc not seeing java.xml.bind. Otherwise, all workspace and enabled plugins are enabled.
Re: Montior UI Plugin does not call init() when Debug Launched as an Eclipse Product [message #1793730 is a reply to message #1793669] Tue, 14 August 2018 17:57 Go to previous message
Jon Passki is currently offline Jon PasskiFriend

PIBKAC: the OSGi component was winning the race with the workbench. Having the component reference the workbench as a service delays its activate method being called for the UIJob to execute successfully. Otherwise, there's no display to run the job asynchronously on. I can see other debug points being hit now further along in the plugin.
Previous Topic:Active Task doesn't open when Eclipse starts
Next Topic:Photon made switching tasks much faster
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 16:33:15 GMT 2024