Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » When does measure-time stop exactly?
When does measure-time stop exactly? [message #1793429] Wed, 08 August 2018 07:48
Philip Langer is currently offline Philip LangerFriend

Hi,

I recently came across a scenario where I'm unsure when measure-time actually stops measuring the time and was hoping one of you could maybe help clarifying that.

In particular, we measure the time needed to import a project. So the measure-time block encompasses the ECL commands for opening the standard import dialog, selecting the folder to import and hit finish.

In this scenario, measure-time seems to include also the build job that is triggered asynchronously, as well as the asynchronous indexer job (it is a project with a CDT nature). However, on rather large projects, measure-time stops measuring often already _while_ the indexer is still running.

I was wondering why it would include the build and the indexing in the first place, since these jobs are triggered by the import asynchronously and, second, why it seems to sometimes stop measuring during a job that has been triggered then?

Could this be a scheduling issue that the ECLJob running the commands inside the measure-time is blocked during the build (which runs as a workspace rule) and thus, cannot finish and this is the whole reason why it includes the build time or is there some dedicated behavior involved?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best wishes,

Philip

--
Philip Langer

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2018 07:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Testing multiple AUTs from Maven
Next Topic:Howto enable take-screenshot when running via maven
Goto Forum: