Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » PostgreSQL in Scout 8.0.0.010 Photon(Database in Scout 8.0.0.010 Photon)
PostgreSQL in Scout 8.0.0.010 Photon [message #1793385] Tue, 07 August 2018 08:22 Go to next message
Jannis Wagner is currently offline Jannis WagnerFriend
Hi there,

i'm new in Java and especially in using the Scout Framework and i need help by creating and implementing a PostgreSQL Database. I can't find any threads with this theme for this Scout Version.
In the following a list of my questions:

Do I need a plugin for Databases? I can't install the JDBC Drivers for Scout from the Eclipse marketplace so i think there is already a plugin installed but I'm not sure.

Do I need only one class for the connection with the creation and the prepared statements or do I need more classes?

In wich package/packages have these class/classes to be created?

And how i create a database or a prepared statement. Can i create this like a regular SQL Statement saved in a variable?

I hope somebody can help me.

Kind Regards

Jannis
Re: PostgreSQL in Scout 8.0.0.010 Photon [message #1793450 is a reply to message #1793385] Wed, 08 August 2018 15:01 Go to previous message
Matthias OtterbachFriend
Did you see the topic https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1082998/, it gives a very basic short introduction in using PostgreSQL with Eclipse Scout, it also mentions the additional driver dependency which is necessary (unfortunately it was written for an older version of Scout but things should not have been changed much).
Previous Topic:How do I change the theme in my Scout project to the default theme?
Next Topic:Cannot login with deployed helloworld project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 06:20:14 GMT 2024