Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Annotation bug(The Chinese asterisk (*) will change in the annotation)
Annotation bug [message #1793254] Thu, 02 August 2018 08:05 Go to next message
he hehe is currently offline he heheFriend
The size of the stars is different
Re: Annotation bug [message #1793359 is a reply to message #1793254] Mon, 06 August 2018 14:05 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
Without having access to your system, it is difficult to determine for sure what is going on. I think you will find that the difference between * and * is a matter of their having different Unicode numbers. The ordinary asterisk is U + 002a, the "small asterisk is U + FE61, and the "fullwidth asterisk" is U +FFDA. You may have noticed that hitting the period key in Chinese produces "。" which is U+3002. Which asterisk you get may depend on what the keyboard system defines (in Unicode) it to be. If you can copy out examples and put them into a little txt file, then you can run them through a binhex application (look in Google for a place to get this software). You may find different values in hexadecimal notation for the two kinds of asterisk.

I've used Chinese in software, including stuff produced via Eclipse, and in every case I've created I've had no problems.

You might try changing the default font in Eclipse to Georgia, which does both English and Chinese without any gaps.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 August 2018 14:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclispelink Cache problem
Next Topic:Assign F10 Key to Debug Step Over
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:07:45 GMT 2024