Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » [SOLVED] Request validation FB according to standard
[SOLVED] Request validation FB according to standard [message #1792417] Tue, 17 July 2018 14:14 Go to next message
Agostino Mascitti is currently offline Agostino MascittiFriend
Hello,

I have been trying to understand whether this FB (an orchestrator of FBs) would comply to the standards. Is there any source with naming conventions and restrictions for events and inputs/outputs? Am I forced to use REQ/CNF couples?

Thank you in advance!

index.php/fa/33417/0/
  • Attachment: catt.jpg
    (Size: 20.53KB, Downloaded 214 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 17 July 2018 15:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Request validation FB according to standard [message #1792421 is a reply to message #1792417] Tue, 17 July 2018 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

you are rather free in naming your events and data interface elements. The only rule is that they have to be valid IEC 61131-3 identifiers (roughly: upper and lower case letters, _, numbers, and maybe some more) 4diac automatically checks and let you only create valid names.

I always encourage people to use names that best conveys their intention. However there are some names defined in the standard that have special meaning and potential users of your FB would expect a certain behavior. These are INIT, INITO, REQ, CNF, RSP, IND as well as QI and QO. They are described in the standard in clause 6. In my IEC 61499 book there is also a section dedicated to these definitions.

For example in your FB's interface I'm a bit confused that QI and QO are withed all input and output events respectively.

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Request validation FB according to standard [message #1792423 is a reply to message #1792421] Tue, 17 July 2018 15:09 Go to previous message
Agostino Mascitti is currently offline Agostino MascittiFriend
Hi,

Thank you for your reply! Thus, that FB is correct. But of course, QI and QO should not be wired with all the events.

Cheers,
Agostino
Previous Topic:Guide from migrating from 61131-3 ST application to 61499
Next Topic:Making ROS Work on Forte Master Branch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:17:39 GMT 2024