Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Remote systems explorer, Algorithm negotiation fail(usage of outdated algorithms?)
Remote systems explorer, Algorithm negotiation fail [message #1792089] Wed, 11 July 2018 07:54 Go to next message
Jesper Stender is currently offline Jesper StenderFriend
Our host have updated their algorithms and removed outdated ones,
and now, whenever I try to access any site on the host, I get the error saying:
"Algorithm negotiation fail". (RSEG1066)

I am running RSE 3.7.100 with eclipse Photon.

Do you have an update comming out?
Or is there another way of getting it to work?

Really enjoy this IDE, but working on remotes systems are a must for us, and I don't intend to switch host on 20+ websites :-D

Kind regards
- Jesper
Re: Remote systems explorer, Algorithm negotiation fail [message #1792192 is a reply to message #1792089] Thu, 12 July 2018 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW - the reasoning from my host :

We do not support the SFTP ciphers SHA1, aes128-ctr, CBC, RC4, 3DES, MD5, and RIPEMD for security reasons.
If your SFTP client uses one of these ciphers, it may not work properly with our platform.
We suggest reaching out to your SFTP software maker to get instructions on how to disable these.
Re: Remote systems explorer, Algorithm negotiation fail [message #1792383 is a reply to message #1792089] Mon, 16 July 2018 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Hello Jesper,

RSE / Eclipse uses JSch for the SSH communication. As per the JSch homepage http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/ , the following ciphers should be supported:

Key exchange: diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521
Cipher: blowfish-cbc,3des-cbc,aes128-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,3des-ctr,arcfour,arcfour128,arcfour256

Please check if any of these should be compatible with your host. You could also try checking with a local command-line ssh to see what your host reports (ssh -vvv yourhost).

I'm afraid that I won't be able to help beyond these initial hints. RSE is not really maintained any more. You might try the mailing list https://accounts.eclipse.org/mailing-list/tm-dev but don't expect timely replies.

Good luck,
Martin
Re: Remote systems explorer, Algorithm negotiation fail [message #1792723 is a reply to message #1792383] Mon, 23 July 2018 09:12 Go to previous message
I am not sure why -

I followed your hint, and looked at what my host reported through the command-line, and it all seemed fine - So I couldn't understand it.

I installed netbeans - (Which had the same problem)
So I updated my JDK, which seems to have fixed both eclipse and netbeans for me.

It is working fine now - I really love that RSE/eclipse can work directly on the servers, instead of having to download and create projects for all of my sites.
(something that PHPstorm and netbeans could learn form)

Well thank you for the tip Martin.
Previous Topic:RSE Remote Search not working
Next Topic:API to find connection information to remote project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:43:06 GMT 2024