Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Incorrect Auto-switching of source documents in context view(With context view enabled, often source documents switch by themselves back to the previous focused document)
Incorrect Auto-switching of source documents in context view [message #1790098] Tue, 05 June 2018 01:09 Go to next message
Rhys Drummond is currently offline Rhys DrummondFriend
This has been bothering me for quite some time, and I've never found the right search terms to find similar hits online. Please help.

I'm using Eclipse (4.6.3) + CDT and Mylyn (3.21.0) with Bugzilla connector. Task context tracking is a godsend, but there is a bug that is very annoying.

When I switch to a different source doc (wither switch header/source, or previous/next tab, or previously visited point, or even sometimes just clicking a file tab at the top of the window) very often 'it' switches straight back to the previous doc I was on. I can do this sometimes 5-10 times before it correctly 'lands' on the page I actually want.

(I say 'it' because I don't know what 'it' actually is (Eclipse? Mylyn? Context view / focus on active task? CDT?))

It feels like a race condition where context view is trying to catch up, lags behind a bit, but focuses on the incorrect file in the end. If I turn off context view then it seems to be ok (i.e., the bug never happens). On a previous trial it showed up the 'switching to' file, collapsed a few #if groups first, then switched back to the original file. Not even sure if that's relevant.

Sometimes it works just fine, e.g., right now I can't make it 'bad'. I guess it depends on what I was doing previously in the session.

Is this just me? What other search terms might I have used to find related hits to this? Perhaps Mylyn isn't the right thing to be pointing the finger at, but I need to start somewhere with this.

Thanks in advance.

Rhys Drummond
Re: Incorrect Auto-switching of source documents in context view [message #1790199 is a reply to message #1790098] Wed, 06 June 2018 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi,

This certainly sounds annoying but I have never heard of something like this happening. I would suggest opening a bug at http://bugs.eclipse.org/ in the CDT/Mylyn component, because this sounds like it would be a bug in the CDT Mylyn bridge.

Cheers,
Sam
Re: Incorrect Auto-switching of source documents in context view [message #1790202 is a reply to message #1790199] Wed, 06 June 2018 22:08 Go to previous message
Rhys Drummond is currently offline Rhys DrummondFriend
Thanks Sam. I've filed this as https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=535620
Previous Topic:How get I rid off annoying read-only-warning?
Next Topic:GitHub missing from Mylyn repository type and connector discovery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:39:04 GMT 2024