Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Paho » Connection Error Handling(Guidance on how to handle connection error JS)
Connection Error Handling [message #1787380] Thu, 24 May 2018 10:24
Warren Boshell is currently offline Warren BoshellFriend
Hi Eclipse

I would like to ask how I can handle connection errors within the Paho JS Module. Currently I am testing the Paho MQTT 3.1 Client and I get the following error "paho-mqtt.js:1046 WebSocket connection to 'ws://192.168.1.32:9001/mqtt' failed: Connection closed before receiving a handshake response" from within the paho-mqtt module"

This was received when an attempt was made to connect to a Broker that is not present on the network. I wanted to see how I can handle the connection in the event the Broker was removed or failed.

I do receive an response object via "onFailure" which is fine, but I also (first) get the above error, which I am not sure how to handle.

I expected the lack of a Broker on the system to give me a response object which I can handle within my code, but I was not expecting a fatal error, I thought this type of issue (missing Broker on the network or disconnection) would be handled without throwing an error.

I am sure I am missing something simple here, and would appreciate some guidance on how to make the client more robust to network issues without throwing errors.

Browser - Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Test MQTT Client - 3.1

Incidentally when a Broker is present the system works as intended, I just need a way to make the client more robust on the network and handle reconnections as detailed in the documentation without throwing errors.

Kind Regards

Warren
Previous Topic:Java: QoS 2 wrong packet id
Next Topic:how do I install paho-mqtt on raspbian stretch python 3.5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:10:12 GMT 2024