Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » RESTful model with Papyrus
RESTful model with Papyrus [message #1786528] Sat, 05 May 2018 17:20 Go to next message
Dim Gle is currently offline Dim GleFriend
Hello,
I'm new in the modelling world and I need to create a simple class diagram of a RESTful application.
I found a tutorial to do this on IBM Rational but I need to do it in Eclipse (https://firstinfinity.wordpress.com/modeling_rest_web_services/).

I don't know how to create the edges with the stereotype to express the URI path (in the tutorial it's called <<ResorucePath>> ) and I don't know how to create a class tagged with a custom stereotype neither (like <<Resource>> in the tutorial) .

I need to create a model that represents this behaviour:
an user could do a request to the application in this way
GET /office/{roomID}/{sensorID}
and the application have to reply with the value of the sensor returned by the method readData(sensorID).

I attach my class diagram.

Thank you in advance.
Dim
Re: RESTful model with Papyrus [message #1786535 is a reply to message #1786528] Sun, 06 May 2018 12:35 Go to previous message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi Dim,

you can do that with Papyrus.

But, off course Papyrus does not support IBM Rational proprietary features.

But Papyrus other than IBM Rational Rhapsody supports the UML 2.5.x specification. According to the UML 2.5.x specification an DeployedArtifact[Abstract Class] features a location. The location specifies where the artifact is deployed. As DeployedArtifact is an abstract class, you have to use a non-abstract derivative (i.e: Artifact) in your UML model.

/pica
Previous Topic:Improve FunctionBehavior editor?
Next Topic:Papyrus Coding Day 2018 at Toulouse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 01:46:39 GMT 2024