Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Custom field on Property object in metamodel(How to create a custom field (free text as string type) associated with evry Property in the IBM RSA Model)
Custom field on Property object in metamodel [message #1785666] Wed, 18 April 2018 08:00 Go to next message
José Torres is currently offline José TorresFriend
Hi,

I need to apply a custom field (free text as string type) on the Property object of my model.

I read the article : https://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/uml2/docs/articles/Customizing_UML2_Which_Technique_is_Right_For_You/article.html

So the right technique to use is "Lightweight extension".

I tried to modify the Property object in the Profile applied to the model but it reports a violation error.

How to extend the Property object in the metamodel ?

Thank you, José
Re: Custom field on Property object in metamodel [message #1785672 is a reply to message #1785666] Wed, 18 April 2018 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You should ask UML questions on the UML2 newsgroup/forum.

Your snapshot is far from clear as to what you are doing where. It looks as if you attempting to modify the Property definition in the UML metamodel rather than a Property instance in your UML model. I suggest you follow some simpler tutorials so that you understand the difference.

It is also unclear why a normal Property with a String type needs customization for you.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Custom field on Property object in metamodel [message #1785679 is a reply to message #1785672] Wed, 18 April 2018 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
José Torres is currently offline José TorresFriend
Hi,

I need to add a custom meta field so i can modify it upon each Property in the model.

I'm expecting to see it in the properties view of the property inside Eclipe (IBM Ratrional Software Architect), see screenshot.

Actually it is meta information such like alias, type, qualifier, etc...

Thank you
Re: Custom field on Property object in metamodel [message #1785692 is a reply to message #1785679] Wed, 18 April 2018 12:12 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Yes, better to ask on the UML2 forum: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/117/

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Convert Path in XMI
Next Topic:How do I specify EMF genmodel compliance level in an Ant Java task
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:29:31 GMT 2024