Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Some code cannot be generated when Dynamic Templates is true(Dynamic Templates)
Some code cannot be generated when Dynamic Templates is true [message #1785418] Fri, 13 April 2018 15:22 Go to next message
newman zhu is currently offline newman zhuFriend
I'm a beginner in EMF.
I'm reading "Eclipse Corner Article Implementing Model Integrity in EMF with MDT OCL", but the sample it attached quite made me confusion:
when I open sample project in Eclipse 3.3.0, and click "generate model code", all files will be generated, but all of them are empty.
when I open sample project in Neon.3(4.6.3), and click "generate model code":
if I turn "Dynamic Templates" to false, then all class code can be generated, of course, three methods (allReports(), reportingChain(), reportsTo(Empolyee)) in Employee class are not implemented;
if I turn "Dynamic Templates" to true, then all class file are generated, but 6 files (3 Interfaces and 3 Classes) related to Company, Department, Employee are all empty.
So could anyone tell me what's wrong with me? Thanks a lot.
Re: Some code cannot be generated when Dynamic Templates is true [message #1785633 is a reply to message #1785418] Tue, 17 April 2018 15:43 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

If you look at the banner of https://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-EMF-Codegen-with-OCL/index.html you will see: "This page is deprecated and may contain some information that is no longer relevant or accurate"

There have been massive changes sin ce that article was written, it remains for archival purposes.

Follow the tutorials in the OCL documentation.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic: [Xcore+Standalone]? Type of EAttributes always EJavaObject
Next Topic:Convert Path in XMI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:12:17 GMT 2024