Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Mapping of a group of instances as a node in a diagram( What is the best way to map a group of instances as a node in a diagram?)
Mapping of a group of instances as a node in a diagram [message #1784843] Wed, 04 April 2018 17:44 Go to next message
Yann Andenmatten is currently offline Yann AndenmattenFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to define a diagram of an existing ecore model:
index.php/fa/32531/0/

Initially, on the diagram, there was a node for each class instance (A, ABRelation and B), and all relations were displayed.

Now the requirement is not to represent all ABRelation instances, but display aggregations of ABrelation instances (based on their attributes).

I thought of two options:
1. Use one of the ABRelation instances to represent the group
2. Define a derived/transient association to a "derived/transient" class to represent the grouping (hence not changing the serialization of the model)

What would be the best way to achieve this with Sirius?

Thanks for your help and thanks Obeo for your great product!

Yann
Re: Mapping of a group of instances as a node in a diagram [message #1784940 is a reply to message #1784843] Fri, 06 April 2018 07:32 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Yann Andenmatten wrote on Wed, 04 April 2018 19:44

I thought of two options:
1. Use one of the ABRelation instances to represent the group
2. Define a derived/transient association to a "derived/transient" class to represent the grouping (hence not changing the serialization of the model)

I think in this case you can use another approach: create an Relation-Based Edge Mapping from A to B, and in the Target Finder Expression navigate through ABRelation to all the Bs accessible from A. This should create a single edge between each A and B which are connected via ABRelation.

Note that with this approach the semantic element behind the edge will be the source element, i.e. an instance of A. You can associate the ABRelation instances themselves to the edge using the Associated Semantic Elements expression in the Advanced tab of the mapping configuration. This will make the ABRelations visible in the Properties view when the edge is selected so they can be edited (if needed).

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Unable to install UML to JAVA
Next Topic:The judgement of DDiagramElementSynchronizer.isSameDescription()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:13:43 GMT 2024