Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 Tools » Unable to install UML to JAVA (UML designer)
Unable to install UML to JAVA (UML designer) [message #1784662] Sun, 01 April 2018 14:24 Go to next message
khouloud AYARI is currently offline khouloud AYARIFriend
I'm using UML designer ( an eclipse version) and when I want to install UML TO JAVA via Install UML Components, I get this error : Message : Problems occurred while performing installation: Operation details Exception Stack trace : java.lang.RuntimeException: Operation details at org.eclipse.amalgam.discovery.ui.common.internal.PrepareInstallProfileJob.resolve(PrepareInstallProfileJob.java:165) at org.eclipse.amalgam.discovery.ui.common.internal.PrepareInstallProfileJob.run(PrepareInstallProfileJob.java:115) at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

I was using Eclipse JUNO and I faced the same problems!

So if u knw what should I do, please tell me! Thank u ^^
Re: Unable to install UML to JAVA (UML designer) [message #1784663 is a reply to message #1784662] Sun, 01 April 2018 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

(UML2 Tools is thoroughly obsolete, replaced by Papyrus, unless you re using a very old version of Eclipse and can take responsibility for doing so.)

UML Designer is a proprietary product. You should seek information on its communication channels.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Unable to install UML to JAVA (UML designer) [message #1784664 is a reply to message #1784663] Sun, 01 April 2018 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khouloud AYARI is currently offline khouloud AYARIFriend
hey,

I'm trying to generate codes automatically, I've installed acceleo, and to create models I installed UML designer, but from ur answer I believe that I should better use Papyrus to do so!!
I'm sorry I'm not familiar with eclipse, so any help would be appreciated.

thank u ^^
Re: Unable to install UML to JAVA (UML designer) [message #1784665 is a reply to message #1784664] Sun, 01 April 2018 15:52 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Papyrus is a heavyweight too with the full power of a tool that extends Eclipse UML2. It is designed specifically for UML and related languages. Using Papyrus with OCL defining UML behaviours you can generate Java directly.

I have never used UML Designer. My understanding is that it is based on Sirius which is a powerful tool for DSVLs. My expectation is that this will give a lightweight tool that may be easier to customize to give a pleasant editing experience, but which will inevitably fall short on full UML facilities.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:quality metrics for UML Class Diagram
Next Topic:How to install Cheddar asTopcased/Stood plugin?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:37:59 GMT 2024