Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » comments in tcpdf class causes errors (cannot be resolved to a type)(If tcpdf class is included i get several errors from the obove type in oxygen 3)
comments in tcpdf class causes errors (cannot be resolved to a type) [message #1784470] Wed, 28 March 2018 11:05 Go to next message
Dirk Walter is currently offline Dirk WalterFriend
Hello,
we use tcpdf in our project. Some of the basic php-scripts show errors on refresh, always in comments.
Edit: the problem occurs with php 7.2 Server - Endedit.
For testing it, it should be possible to download the class from tcpdf.org and include it in your project as a directory.
If you need more information to test this scenario, ask for it please.
An example is line 2446 in tcpdf.php:

/**
	 * Get the last cell height.
	 * @return last cell height    --> 2446: shows: last cannot be resolved to a type
	 * @public
	 * @since 4.0.017 (2008-08-05)
	 */

Dirk

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2018 14:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: comments in tcpdf class causes errors (cannot be resolved to a type) [message #1784915 is a reply to message #1784470] Thu, 05 April 2018 17:56 Go to previous message
Doug Shuffield is currently offline Doug ShuffieldFriend
I am having this same issue. It seems that Eclipse is evaluating the parameters in the "Doc Block" for errors instead of simply understanding it as a comment. If you change the /** to /* to make it a regular comment, the error goes away. If you use a proper variable name in the comment, the error goes away.

In my case:

Error: @var _parentPropertyName string

Good: @var $_parentPropertyName string

If there anyway to turn off this check for syntax inside of comments? Or at least make it a warning if in a comment versus a real error if in a code section?

Doug
Previous Topic:import php files
Next Topic:Error on chosing workspace on ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:51:33 GMT 2024