Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Limiting Duplicates(Limiting Duplicates)
Limiting Duplicates [message #1783765] Fri, 16 March 2018 16:47
Tyler Chessum is currently offline Tyler ChessumFriend
We are currently working on a report that has an order and line number field that is working as our key. (The "WO" Column)

It also has a Notes field that contains information that must be combined into one entry. ( The 'DESCRIPTION" Column)

For each order and line number, there are twelve records with all the same data EXCEPT in the DESCRIPTION field.

So we need to only show one WO number and the 12 rows of information for DESCRIPTION in a combined form.

Example:
In the screenshots below, the WO field contains our key and the description field needs to be combined. In BIRT we want it to display one WO entry and all 12 rows of the DESCRIPTION column.

In the Screenshot below from BIRT.

The WO field is displaying once per DESCRIPTION, but there are twelve records per one order number.

It seems we are getting a record for each line of the aggregated DESCRIPTION Column.

Which means that the first entry on this page highlighted in red, is repeated 12 times.

I have tried suppressing duplicates but it causes my whole table to vanish after the first entry.

I am using a concatenate aggregation in the Description column to gather the 12 rows of data.

if((row["DESCRIPTION"] != "OPTIONS BEGIN.....................................") || (row["DESCRIPTION"] != "OPTIONS END.......................................")){row["DESCRIPTION"] + "\n"}
else {" "}

with my separator being ' '
and my max length is 600

Also, my row binding is to my "WO" column so it will keep the data together based on work order number. But I am receiving 12 records of the same work order with the same 12 rows of "DESCRIPTION" column.

Is it possible to limit everything all of the columns beside the "DESCRIPTION" column?

[Updated on: Fri, 16 March 2018 17:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Alternate color rows in cross tab.
Next Topic:Generate scripted results twice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 16:53:12 GMT 2024